Broughs of Nottinghamshire, England
The histories and genealogies of the Broughs of Nottinghamshire, England, extend back to the 1500's. In 1591, a George Broughe married Anne Lindbie in Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, and over the next three hundred years their descendants settled in Hucknall Torkard, Newark Upon Trent, Nottingham city, Staunton, Shelton, and Thoroton in the county of Nottinghamshire. Some of the descendants of George Brough are listed below:
George Brough, b.abt.1566, of Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire,
Genealogies of the Broughs of Nottinghamshire, England,
are listed within the "Genealogies"
section of the BFO website.
Not far from Newark Upon Trent is the small village of "Brough" (shown within the red box on the map below), site of an ancient Roman fort or fortification--after which it was named (as the word "Brough" is an ancient English place-name meaning "camp, fortification, or manorhouse"). In April 2010, Philip and Bebe Brough of Staffordshire traveled to Brough, Nottinghamshire, and took the following photographs of the village and its chapel.
The following photos were taken by Philip and Bebe Brough in April 2010
BFO International Headquarters
115 East 800 North, Bountiful, Utah, 84010, USA.